Sleeplessness

I’ve been finding it hard to sleep. 

I spend nights tossing and turning, and awake entwined in my sheets. It is as though we have been battling one another. Perhaps this is a human thing too? The book tells several tales of myths discovered in the depths of night, by wandering figures with insomnia. Maybe the sleep that evaded them was leading them somewhere else? 

Then, when I do sleep, my dreams are overwhelmingly, impossibly vivid and present. I wonder though whether my sleep shows me things that I can’t otherwise see. Part of me imagines that in slumber I am able to find all of the many me’s, that as I sleep, just for a short time I am able to become my dragon self. 

In my dreams I see things. I find myself dreaming of the book’s pages. They are as I know them, as I’ve found them, but then they are something more too… 

Words are highlighted, illustrated, captured, as though there is something growing around them. Or maybe it is that the words together are growing something? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many hands (dragons and humans too)

Waking up

More than meets the eye