The book, complete

The book - our guide to the hunt, our gift from the heart - after endless days of searching and gathering, is finally, wonderfully finished! 

Everything you will need, to follow the hunt, to find the heart… is hidden within. All that remains now is for you to work out how to read it. For some time I’ve had the pages, the illustrations, a contents page, a dedication passage… (as you do too). However, I knew I was missing one final page. I could sense that there was a hole in the text, but I couldn't tell you what it was and I had no idea how to start filling it! 

Then, yesterday, I found myself doodling on a map of the City of London… I marked each location where I’d found a page or an illustration, remembering every step I’d taken across the city’s streets. My mind wandered as I drew, and when I looked down I realised that in my daydream stupor I’d drawn something…  My pencil had traced a line from the location of one page to another, and then from an illustration to a story, again and again so that they all converged, to one point right in the middle of the map. As I looked closely, I realised right at that point was a tiny, tiny antique store. 

So I took myself there - and right in the window, as though waiting for me, sat a single piece of paper, with a message. It’s written in our language, not yours, but don’t doubt the message is for you, and that the book is now, marvellously, complete


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many hands (dragons and humans too)

Waking up

More than meets the eye