More than meets the eye

Our book, ‘London’s Assorted Enigmas and Mythologies in Rhyme’ is slowly finding its way to me… 

The process is odd, I’m led by intuition, but also by logic, finding myself in places as I stumble upon them and also as I seek them out. I found my feet leading me to a small bookshop in an alley I’d never noticed before, and there, tucked into a bookcase was one of the stories. Then another framed and hanging on a wall in an impossibly old library. A third, incomprehensibly, rolled into a very tight cylinder and stuck into a gap in an old stone wall. They are letters, and notes and tales… stories well known and stories never told. 

I often take time to look up the three word addresses of each location, using a wonderful human contraption called What 3 Words. It gives you a little three word address for any location in the world, each different, each unique. They are almost like short poems for each spot on which you might stand. 

I know each page belongs and each is right, but I can’t quite tell you how I know this, or what it is that leads me to each of them. It’s a sense, a curiosity … maybe I’m being led by the heart itself? 

Within the pages I’ve found four illustrations. Images of London, across time, each wildly different from the one before. 

One shows a bridge stretching across the river, another three figures standing in front of the skyline. The third is a busy market scene and the fourth a single window, framed by columns. 

Each has more than meets the eye, as though there is a story lurking just beneath the surface. I’m sure they hold something within, but what that is and how to find it… well I guess that’s up to you! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many hands (dragons and humans too)

Waking up